Following on from our Do Me Bad Things competition last week (the lucky winner was Joanna Oakley), here's a chance to win a pair of tickets to see Saint Etienne at Brighton's Concorde 2, next Wednesday 15th June.
The pop perfectionists will also be appearing at at Koko in Camden on Thursday 16th June, so if you live in North London, you're probably better off going to that one. We don't have tickets for that to give away, however, and we prefer Concorde 2 anyway. Given Saint Etienne's vintage, we imagine a lot of their fans are around the same age as Londonist so would feel the same. Mmm, plentiful free parking outside the venue... Not very rock'n'roll, is it?
Saint Etienne are also involved in putting on an annual film festival, which is this year called Gonna Make You A Star. The first night of the festival is tomorrow (Tuesday 7th), followed by events on 14th and 21st June. Full details at the Barbican website, and hopefully a review by the Londonist film specialists.
Anyway, all this waffle is just a way of padding out the post so that it's large enough to give us enough room to print a picture of the excellent Annie (right), as well as Saint Etienne. Annie will be supporting Saint Etienne at both the Brighton and the London gigs, so whichever one you get to, you're in for a treat.
To the competition then. We have a pair of tickets to give away to next Wednesday's gig at Concorde 2 in Brighton, and to have a chance of winning them just answer this simple question:
The name of Saint Etienne's lead singer is which of the following?
A. Sarah Crackoneoff
B. Sarah Crackwhore
C. Sarah Cracknell
When you've worked that toughie out, you need to do the following:
1. Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org using a subject line of 'I love Londonist' or else our junk mail filter will chuck out your entry. Clicking here ought to open up your mail program with the appropriate details already filled in.
2. Include the correct answer to the above.
3. Include your name and address.
4. Do the above by 9pm, Sunday 12th June. This will give us time to pop the tickets in the first class post on Monday morning.
5. Be the first one out of virtual e-mail hat. Bribes aren't accepted, although saucy home videos or photos of yourself may or may not affect your chances.
Please note that only entries from mainland UK residents will be accepted.
Photo of Saint Etienne is by Stian Andersen.